John Denholm is the current President of the UK Chamber of Shipping.
He is Chairman of J. & J. Denholm Limited, the holding company for the group of companies owned by the Denholm family, which has interest in Shipping, Logistics, Seafoods and Industrial Services.
On graduating John qualified as a Chartered Accountant before joining the Denholm Group where he held a number of roles before being appointed managing director in 1998.
His other interests include:
• Chairman of Denholm Energy Services;
• Director of Hadley Shipping and Anglo Eastern Univan Group;
• Immediate Past President of The Worshipful Company of Shipwrights.
He was previously:
• President of the Baltic and International Maritime Council (BIMCO);
• A non executive director of Braemar Shipping Services Plc;
• President of Glasgow Shipowners’ Benevolent Association;
• Deacon of the Incorporation of Hammermen.