Hill Dickinson is hosting a commodities conference at our City of London offices, as part of the London International Shipping Week 2015.
Chaired by Jeff Isaacs of Hill Dickinson LLP, speakers include Philip Wareham (Hill Dickinson LLP), Jonathan Waters (GAFTA), John Gibson (International Cotton Association), Simon Rainey QC (Quadrant), and Chris Newman (20 Essex Street).
They will cover issues currently affecting the commodities world, including:
- The recent Supreme Court decision in Bunge -v- Nidera on the GAFTA standard default clause.
- Recent developments relating to New York No 11 sugar rules.
- Sanctions affecting international trade.
- Overview of GAFTA arbitration including its current trends.
- International Cotton Association Mutual Ltd and its role in the enforcing of ICA arbitration awards and legal expenses cover for ICA arbitrators
- Invoicing back and cotton arbitration: how does it work, why is it used and does the recent Supreme Court decision in Bunge have an impact on its operation?
- Appeals to the court under the Arbitration Act 1996 and other recent developments in London arbitration.
This event is now fully booked.