The Maritime UK Careers Hub will be held aboard NLV PHAROS during London International Shipping Week.
LISW19 will feature a major careers event, specifically targeting future career-seekers, their parents, guardians and careers advisors. Held on the Thursday (12 September) of London International Shipping Week, the Hub will showcase careers across the maritime industries: shipping, ports, services, engineering and leisure marine. Over 450 people will visit the Hub, hosted on the Northern Lighthouse Board ship, which will be moored alongside HMS Belfast in the heart of London.
Those coming aboard will be able to:
- learn about the breadth of career opportunities to be found across the sector
- hear firsthand what a maritime career can offer from those working in the sector today
- hear from a number of high-profile maritime personalities
- join a guided tour of the NLV PHAROS
- experience life in a modern port by using a virtual reality headset
The UK is proud to have one of the most vibrant and competitive maritime sectors in the world – and our competitiveness is not solely down to efficient tax regimes and a stable business climate. Quite simply, the UK is The World’s Maritime Centre because of its workforce.
With sea trade expected to double in the next 20 years, the need for a highly skilled workforce has never been greater. The UK is committed to providing world-class seafarers, port workers, engineers, naval architects, shipbrokers, financiers, accountants, consultants, insurers and lawyers, so that – together – they can meet the long-term needs of this global sector.
The international maritime community recognises the UK’s unequalled expertise, thought leadership, and world-leading innovation – and we never stop looking for the brightest and best people to join our industry.
Please get in touch if you are interested in:
1) Registering to bring a group aboard the vessel to join the Careers Hub, or
2) Exhibiting or sharing career insight at the Careers Hub