- This event has passed.
Inmarsat – Connected Future conference & drinks reception
September 12 @ 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join Inmarsat for their Connected Future conference during London International Shipping Week on Tuesday 12 September 2023 from 13:00 – 17:30 at Inmarsat Maritime HQ, London.
Leading industry experts and pioneering shipping companies will participate in the discussion focused on collaboration between the industry stakeholders, technology, data sharing, and how we can align decarbonisation and commercial targets.
The conference session will be followed by a networking reception.
13:00: Registration & lunch
14:00: Opening keynote: Ben Palmer, President | Inmarsat Maritime
14:30 Panel 1: Enabling smarter & more profitable operations
15:50 Panel 2: Enabling a sustainable future
16:40: Closing keynote: Helen Sharman CMG OBE
17:30 – 20:00: Networking reception
Helen Sharman CMG OBE – The first British Astronaut
Helen will be joining us to share her amazing story of how she became the first British Astronaut. Over 13,000 other people also applied for this one-off opportunity, and only two people were chosen for the rigorous training, but only one – Helen – went into Space. In May 1991, aged 27, she spent 8 days orbiting the Earth. After her successful spaceflight, Helen chose to become a science communicator and speaker and will motivate us with her stories about Space, STEM and the wonders of science.
- Ben Palmer, President | Inmarsat Maritime
- Giampiero Soncini, Managing Director | Oceanly Srl
- Mette Asmussen, Maritime Sector Initiatives Lead | World Economic Forum
- Peter Schellenberger, Director & Founder | Novamaxis Pte Ltd
- Anne Katrin Bjerregaard, Head of Strategy Sustainability & ESG | Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller Center for Zero Carbon Shipping
- Risto-Juhani Kariranta, CEO | Ahti Climate
- James Pomeroy, Global Economist | HSBC
- Sunit Das, Operations Director | Hadley Shipping Group
- Marco Cristoforo Camporeale, Senior Director, Strategy | Inmarsat Maritime
- Gert-Jan Panken, Vice President | Inmarsat Maritime