This seminar will focus on topical issues on how London provides a world centre for shipping arbitration. It will cover new developments such as the LMAA Terms 2017, changes in enforcement and the law on injunctions. To be considered also is whether Brexit poses a threat to the industry and how London can improve in ensuring the pool of expertise is as wide as possible and that costs and funding are controlled appropriately.
Costs: £30.00 for members: £50.00 for non-members
Chairman: The Hon. Sir Bernard Eder
• TERMS – New LMAA Terms 2017
Christopher Moss – LMAA Arbitrator
• FAIRNESS – what role has diversity in shipping arbitration?
Juliet Blanch – Juliet Blanch Arbitration
• COURT SUPPORT – interim relief and injunctions to support arbitration
Clare Ambrose – 20 Essex Street
• COST EFFICIENCY – project managing disputes – are clubs budgeting well?
Kieron Moore – U K Defence Club
• FORTHCOMING DECISIONS – Can orders under Section 44 of the Arbitration Act 1996 be served on non-parties outside of the jurisdiction?
Linos Choo – Partner, DLA Piper (UK)