If you have interests in West Africa Shipping and need valuable first-hand insight, join us for three key sessions on the most important issues that attend the business of shipping and maritime trade in the region from legal and regulatory viewpoints –
- Doing Maritime Business in Nigeria – to give guidance for business and investment in the Nigerian maritime sector from both regulatory and operational viewpoints.
- Security of the Nigerian Maritime Domain and the Gulf of Guinea – to explore security reports, trends, incidents, regulations and related realities which impact shipping in Nigerian waters.
- Resolving Shipping Disputes in Nigeria – to highlight typical claim situations, jurisdiction, judicial disposition and alternative dispute resolution in Nigerian shipping. It is also to provide practical insight for avoiding or dealing with certain types of disputes.
Chairperson – Emeka Akabogu, Senior Partner, Akabogu & Associates
Confirmed speakers :
- Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas, Chief of Naval Staff, Nigerian Navy
- Dakuku Peterside, Director General, Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency
- Hadiza Bala Usman, Managing Director, Nigerian Ports Authority
- Aisha Katagum, Group General Manager, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (Shipping Division)
- Aminu Umar, President, Nigerian Ship Owners Association
- Andy Isichei, President, Nigerian Chamber of Shipping
The seminar is free, with limited seating. Subject to pre-registration.