If you have interests in West Africa Shipping and need valuable first-hand insight, join us for two key sessions on the most important issues that attend the business of shipping and maritime trade in the region from legal and regulatory viewpoints –
- Doing Maritime Business and Resolving Shipping Disputes in Nigeria – to give guidance for business and investment in the Nigerian maritime sector from both regulatory and operational viewpoints. Will also give insight on jurisdiction, judicial disposition and avoiding or dealing with certain types of disputes.
- Security of the Nigerian Maritime Domain and the Gulf of Guinea – to explore security reports, trends, incidents, regulations and related realities which impact shipping in Nigerian waters.
Chairperson – Emeka Akabogu, Senior Partner, Akabogu & Associates
Confirmed speakers and Special Guests:
- Senator Danjuma Goje, Chairman, Senate Committee on Marine Transport, Nigeria
- Lynda Chuba-Ikpeazu, Chairman, House Committee on Marine Transport, Nigeria
- Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas, Chief of Naval Staff, Nigeria
- Sabiu Zakari, Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Transport
- Dakuku Peterside, Director General, Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency
- Hadiza Bala Usman, Managing Director, Nigerian Ports Authority
- Andy Isichei, President, Nigerian Chamber of Shipping
- Aminu Umar, President, Nigerian Shipowners Association
- Michael Wingate, CEO, African Risk Compliance Limited
- Steve Cameron, CEO, CMR African and Maritime Markets Limited United Kingdom
The seminar is free, with limited seating. Subject to pre-registration.