- This event has passed.
Charting the future of maritime: A century ahead
September 12 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
The maritime sector is evolving at a rapid pace, navigating challenges such as decarbonisation, digitalisation, fleet renewal, financing, geopolitical conflict and more. Yara Marine Technologies and Wikborg Rein are proud to jointly host a panel discussion (followed by a networking lunch) exploring the challenges and opportunities that will define the maritime sector’s evolution over the coming century.
The event, which also marks Wikborg Rein’s centenary, invites us to reflect on the past while forging ahead into the future. The discussion, by our remarkable speakers, will provide much needed insight on the future and is set to be a highlight of London International Shipping Week (LISW) 2023 calendar.
Our distinguished panel (details below) of experts represents a diverse spectrum of maritime perspectives, including ship owners, technical managers, equipment manufacturers, legal experts, regulators, and decarbonisation specialists. Through their insights, the high-level discussion will cover around pressing topics such as:
- Existing and forthcoming emissions regulations.
- Legal ramifications for ship owners and operators.
- Insurance and finance strategies for emerging ships and technologies.
- Assessing demand, availability, and scalability of green fuels and technologies.
- Technical implementation of vessel emission reductions.
- Class implications for vessels and operators.
Kindly RSVP by following this link (also below) to secure your spot at this event.
We look forward to welcoming you as we pioneer thought leadership that illuminates the path forward for our ever-evolving sector.
Our moderator and panel:
- Eleanor Midwinter, Partner – Wikborg Rein (moderator)
- Aleksander Askeland, Chief Sales Officer – Yara Marine Technologies
- Bhuvnesh Dogra, Head of Technical – Union Maritime Limited
- Charlie McKinlay PhD, Shipping Decarbonisation Specialist – Lloyd’s Register Services
- Tonje Hagen Geiran, Associate & Special Adviser – Wikborg Rein
- John-Kaare Aune, CEO – Wallem Group
- Aoife O’Leary, CEO – Opportunity Green