The must-attend event of next year, London International Shipping Week 2017 (LISW17), is already gathering pace with the selection of its Board of Advisors.
The board comprises 17 leading members of the shipping industry and Government and will be headed up by The Rt Hon The Lord Mayor of the City of London, The Lord Mountevans
LISW17 will benefit from the support of shipping industry leaders whose endorsement demonstrates the importance, not only of the event, but also of London as the global centre of maritime excellence.
The Board of Advisor members are:
- Inga Beale, CEO, Lloyd’s of London;
- Tom Boardley, Executive Vice President, Lloyd’s Register;
- Marcus Bowman, Managing Partner, Holman Fenwick Willan;
- Clemence Cheng, Managing Director, Europe Division, & CEO Hutchison Ports UK;
- James Cooper, Chief Executive, Associated British Ports Holdings;
- Helen Deeble, Chief Executive Officer, P&O Ferries Division;
- David Dingle, Chairman, Maritime UK;
- Peter French, Chairman of the Board, Society of Maritime Industries;
- Rear Admiral Nick Hine, Assistant Chief of Naval Staff, Ministry of Defence;
- Rodney Lunn, Chairman, British Ports Association;
- Karin Orsel, Vice Chairman, International Chamber of Shipping (ICS);
- Michael Parker, Vice-Chairman of EMEA Banking, Citigroup;
- Christopher Rodrigues, Chairman, Port of London Authority;
- Harry Theochari, Global Head of Transport, Norton Rose Fulbright;
- Lambros Varnavides, Chairman, The Baltic Exchange;
- Ian Woodman, Director of Logistics and Maritime Transport, Department for Transport
Following on from the success of LISW15, the much anticipated 2017 event runs from September 11 to 15, with the highlight of the week being the LISW17 Conference and Gala Dinner, to be held at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, on Thursday, September 14.