Reframing Risk in a Complex Market
Business and Technology Innovation
- Cost of Commercial Compliance
- Supply Chain Uncertainty (and Effect on Trading Patterns) / Economic overview
- Does ESG change the business model
- How can the charter market encompass a fast-changing regulatory landscape over the next 1 – 3 years?
- Legal and commercial relationship between charterers and shipowners
- The challenges of transparency – evidencing compliance and the future tradability of vessels
- Costs of compliance / commercial implications of compliance (link to decarbonisation)
Innovation - the supply & demand dynamic
- Does the structure of the industry hinder the innovation needed to decarbonise?
- Developing solutions via cross value chain approach, how do we deliver?
- Putting shipping in the context of other hard to abate sectors / Lessons learned from other industries
A just skills transition
- How do we use the new skills imperative to create a more diverse and equitable workforce in the shipping industry onshore and at sea
- Developing the S in ESG focus, improving the attractiveness of shipping as a career path