London International Shipping Week will shortly burst into life and the UK’s historic capital city is braced to welcome some 30,000 maritime guests.
With hundreds of stunning events scattered throughout London, guests will need to come prepared – so here’s a handy LISW23 Survival Checklist to help you make the most of your week:
• Scan the comprehensive LISW23 Events Calendar (here) to make sure you aren’t missing any of the events that are important to you. Many are Invitation Only, but you can still reach out to the individual organisers to request an invitation.
• Read our comprehensive Event Guide to get an idea of key themes, topics and events. The Guide is available online or in printed format from some events. Click here to view online.
• Tune in to our daily Breakfast Radio Show from 07.00 to 0.800 Mon to Thurs to hear what’s on that day, interviews with key speakers, and other important announcements. You can live stream the radio show via the icon on our website or click here
• Remember to carry photo ID because this is required at a number of venues, including HMS Iron Duke, THV Galatea, HMS Belfast and the International Maritime Organization.
• If you’re attending the Chartering Reception (Tuesday 12 September), the LISW23 Headline Conference (Wednesday 13 September), or the Champagne Reception, Gala Dinner and After Party (Thursday 14 September) make sure you take your personal QR Code to gain entry.
• Plan your journey: Always plan your itinerary beforehand and download or print out details of where your chosen events are taking place to avoid turning up late or missing them. Navigating London’s streets can be a challenge.
• When posting on social media, please make liberal use of the LISW23 hashtag #LISW23 and tag us @LISWOfficial. Join in with some of the fun social media activities that are happening such as #KeepingupwithKaren and #SelfiewithSue It will be great to see your photos and read the comments you share with the shipping world!
• And most of all, enjoy yourself – network, debate, share knowledge, and make the most of this amazing global maritime week.